How can we help?
Defining the Scope
Defining the scope of each assessment is essential in establishing the breadth of the activity. This also orientates stakeholders to what falls under the coverage of each assessment, and assists in justifying observations and other aspects of them.
AS ISO 31000:2018 Risk management – Guidelines recommend that the following elements be considered when defining scope-related details:
- Objectives and decisions that need to be made.
- Outcomes expected from the steps to be taken in the process.
- Time, location, specific inclusions and exclusions.
- Appropriate risk assessment tools and techniques.
- Resources required, responsibilities and records to be keep.
- Relationships with other projects, processes and activities.