JULIAN TALBOT, ASM
Chief Technology Officer
Julian has 35 years international security risk management experience up to and Including Director level and C-Suite experience in the commercial, government, and not-for-profit sectors in Australia and internationally. His credentials include a Master of Risk Management (MRiskMgt), Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD), Australian Security Medal (ASM), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Diploma of Security Risk Management, Diploma of Project Management, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, and Fellow of the Risk Management Institution of Australasia (RMIA).
He is also lead author of the Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge.
Julian is recognized internationally for his security expertise and is one of a handful of people accredited as a Registered Security Professional (RSecP) by the Australasian Council for Security Professionals in all five categories of Physical, Personnel, Information/Communications, Security Risk Management, and Security Enterprise Management.
Julian’s experience includes:
- Enterprise Security Risk Assessments for the Australian Defence Organisation, Australian Department of Finance, Australia’s largest natural resources project (the $24 billion North West Shelf Project), Malaysian Smelting Corporations Indonesian operations.
- Divisional Manager of the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listed Citadel Group Limited (CGL).
- Development of a $60 million security risk management budget on behalf of the Australian Government in a tight 3-month timeframe, as well as program manager of that 5-year international program.
- Directorships include Citadel Group Limited, Risk Management Institution of Australasia, Australasian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers, the Washington DC based Security And Risk Management Association, as well as a number of private companies.
- Author of several books on leadership, risk management, benchmarking, security, and finance.
His strategic IT and cybersecurity experience includes:
- Responsibility for the team delivering the largest records management system in the southern hemisphere with over 300 million records and 70,000 active users for the Department of Defence.
- Oversight of the team delivering security governance for Australia’s largest ICT project, the National Broadband Network.
- Senior Risk Analyst on the $300 million regional ICT market testing (RICTMT) program conducted by the Department of Defence.
- Risk Manager for the $120 million Common Services Identity Management and Messaging program for Defence.
- Senior security risk analyst for a number of classified cybersecurity projects on behalf of the Australian government.
Julian holds the following qualifications and certifications:
- Master of Risk Management (MRiskMgt), Monash University.
- Professional Certificate in Property Portfolio Management, University of Western Sydney.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Diplomas in Project Management, Business Management and Security Risk Management.
- Qualifications in the development and delivery of training.